Web Security Tips in an Infographic
While the Internet connects the world together, people have also known to get browser and computer damage from the World Wide Web. There are people out there using the Internet to send viruses and hack into accounts and personal computer information. It is important to take some steps towards keeping your browser and information secure.
- Always be sure to periodically back up your information
- Prevent going to unknown or unsafe websites
- Always use unique and strong passwords
- Ensure the URL says HTTPS
- Block sites by categories that could threaten you
- Block sites known for a sketchy reputation
- Install antivirus software
- Be sure to have the most recent firewall
- Keep your operating system updated
- Always be careful on computers that aren’t your own
Taking steps towards web security is in your hands and can prevent extreme damage that can severely hurt you. Be sure to educate yourself in web security!