Augmented Reality- A composite view
In technology driven world, each day new inventions, research and advancements are made in this industry. Augmented reality has achieved a long success from a science-fiction to a reality. AR is a view of the real, physical world in which objects are enhanced by computer-generated input. These inputs may vary from sound to video, to graphics to GPS overlays and even more. There are many augmented reality service providers in India, which are achieving great innovations in this technology and it is a buzzword in the market over which daily a new research is performed. Augmented reality is achieved through a spread of technological innovations; these can be implemented on their own or in conjunction with one another to create augmented reality. They include:
- hardware components– processor, display, sensors and input devices. A smartphone contains a processor, a display, accelerometers, GPS, camera
- Sensors and input devices– GPS, gyroscopes, accelerometers, compasses, RFID, wireless sensors, touch recognition, speech recognition, eye tracking and peripherals.
- Software– the majority of development for AR will be in developing further software to take benefit of the hardware capabilities. There is already an Augmented Reality Mark-up Language (ARML) which is being used to standardize XML grammar for VR. There are several software development kits (SDK) which also provide simple environments for AR development.
It is a hidden information, which is most commonly hidden behind marker images that can be included in printed and film media as long as the marker is displayed for the suitable length of time in a constant position for an application to determine, identify and analyse it. Depending on the information, the marker may have to remain visible. It is used recently by advertisers where it is popular to create a 3D render of an image of object, such as a car and trigger this as an overlay to a marker. This permits the customer to see a 360-degree image (in some cases the base of the thing may be difficult to view) of the product. Contingent upon the quality of the augmentation, this can go as far as indicating the approximate size of an item, and allow the consumer to ‘wear’ that item, as viewed through their smartphone.
The best augmented reality companies have their own vision and mission over which they can be categorized as:
- Self-service AR companies, universal viewers- These companies offer content management tools. With self-service AR tools, tech individuals can actually create simple experiences – like launching a single video or simple animations.
- Custom branded application development-based companies- These companies work directly with agencies and brand marketers to build custom AR solutions for bigger advertising campaigns, live events and trade shows
- Industry based, specific vertical AR solutions- This type of Augmented Reality companies is offering AR solutions thus by to serve niche business verticals such as manufacturing, retail, home goods, medical services, industrial applications, pharmaceutical firms, and cosmetic firms.
They build up their organizations with new developments and innovations focussing on customer requirements and evolving the digital world.